Australian Pattern Recognition Society, APRS
Date and time: Wednesday 7 December 2005, 4:30 pm.
· Brian Lovell opened the meeting.
· Minutes of the last meeting were previously distributed. Moved to accept: Andrew Bradley, Seconded: Tony Adriaansen. Carried.
· Report presented by Brian Lovell (copy to be sent to the secretary to accompany the meeting notes).
· Tried to have regular meetings
No meetings were held other than the workshop on
Medical Image Analysis held in
· Change of Publisher (IEEE)
· Increase in International speakers
Change of format aiming at DICTA becoming the
premiere event in
Changing DICTA to be an International event run
· Reviewing was done by software, now adopted by other conferences
· Electronic format for newsletter
· Report presented by the Treasurer, Tony Adriaansen. Moved to accept: Anthony Maeder, Seconded: Wageeh Boles. Carried.
Logistics and financial risk for its destination
· Budget increased from $40,000 to $60,000, due to changes: venue, publisher (IEEE).
· Number of Delegates: 95.
· Conference should break even.
· Conference: “mildly” successful.
Brian Lovell vacated Chair of the meeting. Chair taken up by Sebastian Ourselin.
Roles of APRS Committee were explained/defined (President, Vice President, Treasurer, Secretary, etc.)
New Committee nominated and subsequently elected are as follows:
President: Sebastien Ourselin
Vice President: Murk Bottema
Secretary: Wageeh Boles
Treasurer: Tony Adriaansen
Co-opted member: Anthony Maeder
Members at Large: Brian Lovell, Alan Harvey
In addition, State Representatives were named: Peter Kovesi
(WA), Girija Chetty (ACT). Representative for
Non-functioning branches (NSW and Victoria): Committee to discuss how funds can be moved to the national committee, or to renew the branches with a clear plan of activities. Follow up person to be identified.
· Consider setting the date for 2007 as early as possible.
In principle agreement to run the conference in
Meeting closed 6:00pm.